Blackberry Curve - not charging properly?
BohoChic

Hello there!

I'm having problems with my Blackberry Curve. When I plug in the wall charger to my phone, the red LED light flashes at a consistent pace but doesn't stay on continuously like it used to (to indicate it is charging). Also, the "lightning bolt" signal appears over the battery life icon on the main screen...however, after two hours of "charging," the battery life still stays the same?! Is it a phone issue (I've had it for less than 6 months), charger issue (I also used a car charger and the same things still happen) or a battery issue? I would really appreciate your help! Thank you in advance! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve - not charging properly?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

BohoChic wrote:

Hello there!

I'm having problems with my Blackberry Curve. When I plug in the wall charger to my phone, the red LED light flashes at a consistent pace but doesn't stay on continuously like it used to (to indicate it is charging). Also, the "lightning bolt" signal appears over the battery life icon on the main screen...however, after two hours of "charging," the battery life still stays the same?! Is it a phone issue (I've had it for less than 6 months), charger issue (I also used a car charger and the same things still happen) or a battery issue? I would really appreciate your help! Thank you in advance! :smileyhappy:

My first thought is that it is possibly a battery issue.  I would see if you can get a warranty replacement battery as you have only had the phone for 6 months.  If that doesn't solve the problem, you may have to request a replacement handset.

Other things to try (if you haven't already), plug the wall charger into a different outlet.  Try a different wall charger.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve - not charging properly?
BohoChic

Thank you! Yes, I actually went into my local Verizon store and the sales agent thought it may be a battery issue too. I did get a battery replacement for free because it is still under warranty. And I have tried different outlets before to no avail. Hopefully, this works. *Fingers crossed*

Any other suggestions are also greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes