Blackberry Curve not charging
Crazy152

I got my Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 not all that long ago and now it won't charge. It has done this once before but I took the battery out and put it back in then it worked right. I updated it the other night and now it is once again not charging however I don't know what is wrong this time. It comes up like it is charging with the Battery and the Lightning Bolt thing but nothing happens. When it turns on it just says Batter Drained shutting off Handheld and turns off. Now I am even having issues getting it to go that far. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or is it best for me to just get a new battery maybe ? I am at a lost I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks Crazy

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve not charging
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

That sounds like it is more a software glitch than a battery.  You could take it to a Verizon store and see if they can put a new battery in it to test and see if that is the problem.  How did you upgrade; was it via wireless download or with Blackberry Desktop Software?  Sometimes downloads can get corrupted if interrupted even for just a second.  Worse case, you might have to wipe your device and load OS 6 back on there.

Doc

0 Likes
Crazy152

I did the update wirelessly not through the computer. I had the phone on the charger the whole time so I knew it would finish it without dieing. Might that of caused the problem ?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hey,

I would recommend wiping your device and installing the new OS with Blackberry Desktop Software. That is what I used and my update went smooth. With the desktop software, the update should only take about 30-40 minutes. I think that should fix your problem.

Doc
0 Likes
Crazy152

Alright.... How do i go about wipeing my device ? Do i need to take it into the verizon store and have then do it ??

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Crazy152 wrote:

Alright.... How do i go about wipeing my device ? Do i need to take it into the verizon store and have then do it ??

Hey,

Check out this tutorial at Crackberry.com at http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Doc

0 Likes
Crazy152

Okay Doc,

When i do that and i get into the loader screen  then i hit next and get the USB thing connected but then it comes up saying

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connevted to the Computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

How can i fix this any idea ?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Crazy152 wrote:

Okay Doc,

When i do that and i get into the loader screen  then i hit next and get the USB thing connected but then it comes up saying

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connevted to the Computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

How can i fix this any idea ?

Hey,

It means that you need to install the previous version of the software for your device onto your computer so that it may install it onto your Blackberry.  However, I have looked at the Verizon download page and for some reason, they do not have the previous version listed for download.  That is weird because they have it for all the other devices.  I will see if I can contact someone who can place the previous version up for anyone who wished to download it can do so.

Doc

0 Likes
Crazy152

i do have a disk that i originally used to install BlackBerry Desktop Manager which is what the App Loader is. it just bypasses the actuall Desktop Manager interface. Would that possibly work or not ? Thanks for all the Help Doc let me know what you come up with...

0 Likes
ragump

Dear Crazy152,

I too have the BlackBerry Curve 9330 and with the same issue I'd charge it up overnight then get up

in the morning, take it off the charger I'd check the battery it have only one bar it would say "Battery Drained Shutting Down" I have been to my local Verizon store several times I got mine on Jan 31, '12, so after church I am going to have to again make another trip to Verizon I may just conveniently forget to pay the next bill it depends on how they treat me.

Good luck!

Richard Gump

0 Likes