Blackberry Curve will no longer display the clock after the new software update
Tourt

I know some don't care for it; but I like that my phone displays the clock and stays dimly lit at night when charging.  However, after the new update it won't do this anymore.  Even though the settings are the same and I double checked them, it simply won't go straight to the clock when I plug it in and it dims then goes completely dark after 30 seconds to a minute.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

I already tried doing the bedside mode and having in not dim and still it won't do it.  Just a little upset about it... 

Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve will no longer display the clock after the new software update
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Tourt wrote:

I know some don't care for it; but I like that my phone displays the clock and stays dimly lit at night when charging.  However, after the new update it won't do this anymore.  Even though the settings are the same and I double checked them, it simply won't go straight to the clock when I plug it in and it dims then goes completely dark after 30 seconds to a minute.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

I already tried doing the bedside mode and having in not dim and still it won't do it.  Just a little upset about it... 

Thanks...

Hi,

If you have rechecked the beside mode settings and you have Dim Screen check to Yes, then, in theory, it should work.  The only thing I can think is that the clock app became corrupted somehow during the upgrade.  You can go back into Blackberry Desktop Manager and take the clock app out and reboot.  Then go back and reload the clock app and it might work correctly.  That is all I can think of for now, unless someone else has another idea.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve will no longer display the clock after the new software update
bbcrosebud

I took the update over the weekend and now have the same problem.  It is a big deal to me.  My curve is my bedside clock and alarm.  There is a long thread on the crackberry site, but so far the only advise is to downgrade the phone.  Downgrading for me is scary, but if verizon or RIM will not help out with problem, it may have to be a reality.

Here is a link to the crackberry thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/8530-upgraded-973-now-won-t-go-into-bedside-mode-when-charging-540...

If there is anyone out there that has a better solution than downgrading, please pass it along.

I don't quite understand the suggestion of reloading the clock app since this is not a 3rd party app, it is (was) the standard clock function from the OS.  But I am also not a BB power user.  Just an individual that likes to keep organized with syncing calendar, contacts, email and tasks.  And I guess a bedside clock.

0 Likes
SteveQue

My Curve ONLY goes to bedside mode when plugged into my computer.  I can make it go to bedside when charging but I have to do it manually by going into the clock settings and setting it for bedside.  This is not a fix and I miss the automatic bedside mode also.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes