Blackberry Messenger Upgrade
lvmybb

Has anyone that has the Blackberry Curve 8330 (Software Version 4.5.0.77) been successful with downloading the new upgrade to Blackberry Messenger?

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Messenger Upgrade
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The new Blackberry Messenger does not support the .77 version. There is another version that was released for the 8330 that will put you at .138. At that point you'll be able to download the new BBM.

To update your Blackberry you can just open Desktop Manager and sync your phone and it should recognize the new update available.

0 Likes
melindamermaids

I am trying to upgrade my blackberry as well, especially Blackberry Messenger.  Here is my device info:

Blackberry Curve 8330

Version: 4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55

Blackberry Messenger Version:  4.5.0

Now, every time I do a software update on my phone or on Desktop Manager it states there are no other updates but I notice on other blogs that I can update to a higher version.  Why is this happening?  Am I missing something?  I especially want to upgrade my Blackberry Messenger to the 5.0 version since all my friends are using it and some of my contacts are showing strange icons and the display names are getting cut off.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Your device will support the latest verison of Blackberry Messenger, which is 5.0.0.57.  You can download it from Blackberry App World on your device or directly from your web browser on your device by going to www.blackberry.com/messenger and downloading the update.  You will enjoy the latest enhancements with version 5.0 of Blackberry Messenger.

Doc

0 Likes