Blackberry Storm 9530 repeatedly crashing
dshah73

About a week ago, I noticed that my Blackberry was crashing more than normal...it didn't matter what I was doing...talking on the phone, looking up something on Google, composing an email or txt...without notice the screen would go black. It would appear that it was going through a reset b/c the spinning clock would come up on the screen (after the LED light would flash to red), but ultimately, it would switch back and forth from the spinning clock on the screen to the LED light flashing to red, and the phone would not boot back up. I even would take out the battery and reinsert, and that didn't make a difference (always the solution over the last 2 years). The only thing that did make a difference was plugging in the phone to either the car charger or the wall charger. After a few minutes of flashing back and forth between the red LED ligth and the spinning clock, the Blackberry logo would come up on the screen and show the progress bar of resetting.

Today, at a conference where the phone would have gone in to the roam mode (because of being in the depths of a ballroom at a hotel), it crashed again and screen went black. I plugged it into the wall charger when I got back to my room and it isn't helping. The phone won't reset. I've tried removing the battery a few times and that trick isn't working either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this a battery issue? Software issue?

HELP!

Tags (1)
0 Likes