Blackberry Tour
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Just wanted to pass along, as a former Alltel member who is now part of the Verizon Wireless family, I took advantage of the Buy One, Get One Free promotion this past week.  I upgraded from the Pearl 8130 to the Tour.  I also upgraded my wife's Pearl to a Tour, courtesy of the free Tour, so she's a happy camper.  The call quality was great, even on speakerphone.  Connecting to the internet seems just as fast, if not faster than the Pearl.  The Pearl had the Suretype keyboard, but I am quickly adjusting to typing on the QWERTY keyboard on the Tour. 

Transferring my data was easy enough with the Blackberry Desktop Assistant.  The handy included 2Gb data card was a cool extra, so I didn't have to buy one (although I had the same on my Pearl).  I have read about a few problems users have had with their Tours, but so far, the 4.7.1.40 Blackberry OS seems pretty smooth.  I have had constant 1XEV signal with no less than 4 bars everywhere I have gone in South Mississippi. 

If anyone is thinking about purchasing a Tour, I highly recommend it for all of the above reasons.  The only regret is that I now have 2 Alltel 8130 Pearls added to the box of used cell phones in my home-office.  They were good, solid phones and I had no problems.  Anyone want to buy a used Pearl :smileywink:

0 Likes