Blackberry curve battery problem
Koiki

A few days ago my blackberry shut down on me when I had half batter life. I went to the verizon help center by me and they said it had shut down because my battery was dead, witch was odd consitering before it shut down I looked at the battery life and it was half life. Then yesterday after charging my phone fully I took it off the charager and no more then five mintuse passed and it shut down completely. it took me an hour or two before I could get it back up and running, I didn't charage it at all. When it finnaly came back on the battery life was full like it had been when it shut off.

I found that odd but thought I had fixed the problem, only to have it shut off once again five minutes later. I still have yet to get it back on. I've charaged it, I've reset it by taking the battery out and puting it back in, I've tried to see if I had locked it, I've even tried a new battery, but my blackberry still has not turned back on.

What should I do, Can I send it in for a new one? Since I've only had it for a week.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry curve battery problem
ivorypearlcat

I am also having problem with Blackberry Curve which apparently is the battery.  Went away for a couple of days and mistakenly left my phone plugged in on charger.  Returned home and it won't turn on.  Took battery out and put back in.  No luck.  Completely dead.  No battery issues previously and phone less than a year old.  Any answers?

Thanks

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

If you have only had you phone for a week then you are still under the 30 day worry free guarantee and manufacturers warranty. After speaking with technical support and they have done the proper troubleshooting steps on your phone if a manufacturer problem is found then your phone can be replaced..

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

As stated you are within your warranty period. 

Another possible cause is that a recently installed application is causing the reset issues you seem to be having.  If you did install an application recently, uninstall it and see if this eliminates the problem.

0 Likes
LJ2010

I've had Blackberry Curve 8530 battery get real hot, key board got real hot too. Took phone into verizon store, they overnighted a "new" phone but new phone won't allow me to be heard when making a call. Not the mute or low volume setting, checked all volume or sound possibilities. Seems I received a refurbished phone in lieu of new purchased phone, still under warranty but now afraid of staying with curve 8530 due to battery getting real hot.  Any suggestions as to any comparable device? I really liked the blackberry curve 8530 too.

0 Likes