Blackberry tour won't send or receive text messages.
Debbie1993

I just got this phone, i set it all up and when I got home I went to send a text message and it won't let me.

It says ( SMS error 97,message ID 202) with a little red X by the name of the contact.

Please help!!!

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry tour won't send or receive text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Debbie1993,

Let's get your messaging up and running! I send many messages so I understand how important this is.Since posting, have you been able to use the messaging capabilities of the phone? Are you able to send and receive picture messages, or is the problem occurring with both types of messages? Please pull the battery from the back of the phone for about a minute, then send both a text message and a picture message to your own phone number. This will test both incoming and outgoing capabilities. Keep me posted with results, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry tour won't send or receive text messages.
brightgeorge09

Any luck getting your messaging to work? i have the same issue SMS error 97, where i am unable to send/receive text messages or access the internet or any apps. I have tried the hard pull of the battery with no luck, i have sent the text to myself with no joy there either. Thanks!

0 Likes