Can send but not receive email
kaydubb

My blackberry curve 9930 stopped receiving messages three days ago in all three of my email accounts (gmail, hotmail and register.com). However, I can still send emails and I am connected to the Internet. I've tried rebooting the device and resetting my email accounts (i.e., deleting them and adding them again). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can send but not receive email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and happy Sunday kaydubb,

Thank you for sharing your wireless concern with the community. With emails being one of the most critical means of wireless communication, I can certainly understand your sense of urgency to get this resolved. I don’t want you to worry about having to miss another message on your device. Please accept my apology for any frustration that this issue may have caused and rest assured as I am committed to finding a solution for you.

I appreciate you sharing that your data connection is working as well as your ability to send emails. May I ask do you know or have the incoming server information to your email accounts? If so then I would suggest manually verifying the incoming server on all of your email accounts. I have taken the liberty to note the incoming server information for Gmail and Hotmail for you. For your third email account, I would suggest reaching out to the provider to verify that the server settings are correct.

Gmail Incoming POP3 Settings
Pop.gmail.com
Port 995
Username: Full email address
Password: Email password

Gmail Incoming IMAP Settings
Imap.gmail.com
Port 993
Username: Full email address
Password: Email password

Note: POP / IMAP must also be enabled for the account. To enable POP, the user must log into their web account. Click Settings > Forwarding and POP / IMAP, select Enable POP then click Save Changes. To enable IMAP, Click Settings > Forwarding and POP / IMAP, select Enable IMAP.

Hotmail Incoming POP3 Settings:
Pop3.live.com
Port 995
Username: Your full email address.
Password: Your Windows Live ID password.

Once you have check this information and verified it to be correct then please retest the email functionality for improvements. Once you have done so then please share your findings just in case additional assistance is needed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes