Can't open text Blackberry curve 8330
vj
Enthusiast - Level 2
New to Blackberry World.  Hard to relinquish flip phone that Verizon no longer sells.  Attempted to delete email messages from device, received text message that can't open.  Also, text messages still in device from earlier were deleted.  Couldn't find help anywhere in manual.  Don't really know how to use phone yet.  Actually considering returning phone but need internet and email at hand.  Help, please!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't open text Blackberry curve 8330
vj
Enthusiast - Level 2
Your advice worked wonders.  I can't believe that something as simple as removing a battery corrected a problem that I have been wrestling with for 2 days.  Thanks a million!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
what is your free file ? to check goto options /status
0 Likes
vj
Enthusiast - Level 2
File Free: 42410999 Bytes.  Is that the answer I should be looking for.  I am so lost.
0 Likes
vj
Enthusiast - Level 2

File Free is now 42431863 Bytes.  Would you recommend that I stop by a Verizon Center?

0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
yes i would , normally when messages are being deleted automatically it is to recover needed memory but that doesnt seem to be the case. i usually average somewhere around 26000000. i would try a battery pull or  alt+ right shift+del to see if it corrects the problem
0 Likes
vj
Enthusiast - Level 2
Your advice worked wonders.  I can't believe that something as simple as removing a battery corrected a problem that I have been wrestling with for 2 days.  Thanks a million!
0 Likes