Certified Pre-Owned Blackberry Curve 8530?
JadoreYoohx3

I'm looking at getting a blackberry curve 8530 and i was wondering, how good are the certified pre-owned ones? In general, are certified pre-owned phones just as good as brand new ones? are certified pre-owned blackberries prone to more defects since they have been used by someone else? i would like to hear anyones personal experience with a certified pre-owned blackberry, thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Certified Pre-Owned Blackberry Curve 8530?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the Verizon forums.  The Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) phones are checked and double checked to be in superb working order.  CPO devices are, for lack of better description, just like new phones.  It will come with the same warranty as a new phone from Verizon.  Myself, I own a CPO Blackberry Bold 9650.  I could not tell it was used when I looked at mine after I received it from Verizon.  If there had been a problem with the phone, it was fixed by RIM and I could not tell what had been wrong with it.  Usually, CPO devices are phones that may have been on display or ones that someone bought but later returned shortly after the purchase.  (See Verizon Wireless' Return Policy and Worry Free Guarantee).   I hope this helps answer some of the questions you may have.  Good luck with your purchase and if this is your first Blackberry, you will love it.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Certified Pre-Owned Blackberry Curve 8530?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the Verizon forums.  The Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) phones are checked and double checked to be in superb working order.  CPO devices are, for lack of better description, just like new phones.  It will come with the same warranty as a new phone from Verizon.  Myself, I own a CPO Blackberry Bold 9650.  I could not tell it was used when I looked at mine after I received it from Verizon.  If there had been a problem with the phone, it was fixed by RIM and I could not tell what had been wrong with it.  Usually, CPO devices are phones that may have been on display or ones that someone bought but later returned shortly after the purchase.  (See Verizon Wireless' Return Policy and Worry Free Guarantee).   I hope this helps answer some of the questions you may have.  Good luck with your purchase and if this is your first Blackberry, you will love it.

Doc

0 Likes