Curve 8330 - BlackBerry Desktop Manager (2 versions) will not recognize the Curve
RPQSAN

The Blackberry Desktop Manager software included in the box of my new 8330 Curve did not recognize the BlackBerry.  I could however access the "Options" dropdown menu and individual application icons on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main menu.  There was no device driver showing up on my system (Windows Vista) for a BlackBerry, although the small Blackberry icon appeared in my Windows Vista tray (lower right corner of my laptop's screen) but said "disconnected".

Then I uninstalled the original BlackBerry Desktop Manager software and downloaded the Verizon version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager from the Verizon Wireless website.  This time the BlackBerry device driver loaded fine.  However, when I plug in my 8330 via USB and start the newly installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager, I get the small splash screen stating "Before you begin, verify that your BlackBerry device is connected to your computer"... and the main Desktop Manager menu is grayed-out in the background and is completely inaccessible.  There is no way to get around the small error/splash screen.

Any ideas on how to get the Desktop Manager software to actually recognize that my BlackBerry is connected to my laptop?  All three USB ports on my laptop (Lenovo Z61m) work perfectly and the port on my 8330 works because charging works fine with the BlackBerry wall charger.  Thanks in advance..... RPQ

0 Likes
Re: Curve 8330 - BlackBerry Desktop Manager (2 versions) will not recognize the Curve
arkytami

I bought a new Curve 8330 yesterday and have the very same issue. I have installed,uninstalled, removed battery and everything imaginable including standing on my head.   Can someone help us?

0 Likes
Re: Curve 8330 - BlackBerry Desktop Manager (2 versions) will not recognize the Curve
mobrien2

I spent hours on the phone with VZ tech support with the same issue.  The desktop manager and tethering worked when I originally receivd the phone but one day  my computer would not recognize the BB.  I tried it on another computer as well as upgrading/downgrading the desktop manager SW with no luck.  VZ had to replace the phone (under warrenty).

0 Likes