Curve 8330 Freezing up
MFiske

I have had the curve 8330 for about 6 months now and have hated almost every minute of it.  I am currently on my 3rd phone, the 1st one the speaker stopped working, no ringing, can't hear people I called nothing.  My second one ( two weeks later) froze up on my in the middle of reading an e-mail and nothing I did could reset it.  I took the battery out for 6 hours and still nothing, brought it to a Verizon store and they tried and nothing happened so they gave me a new one.  Now my third one freezes at least 3 times a day, get 2 out of 10 e-mails a day (maybe) can't get text , during phone calls it will freeze and will take 30 minutes to get the phone back up and running before I can call the person back.   The reason I'm writing this is because the stores I go to can't find anything wrong with my phone and of course nothing happens when I'm in the store, I just want to know if there is anyone else out there that this has happened to, to be quite honest  I wish I had not switched to Verizon and have told my family members that want to switch not too, and if it wasn't for the huge canceling fee I would have already left. Looking for some help, so if you have any please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Curve 8330 Freezing up
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like a memory issue. Go to "Options/Memory" and see what your Application Memory Free Space is and how much memory is available on your media card. If you are low on Free Mmemory, there are several things you can do to increase you memory. My BB 8330 likes to have about 25 MB of free mem.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
MFiske

I did that and it says that I have 3.6gb of free space, pretty sure that is alot for a phone.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Are you sure you have a 8330? I thought the 8330 only came with a total of 95 MB? I'm now officially confused.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
MFiske

I bought a 4gb card when I got it so that I would always have more than enough room for what ever I wanted to put on my phone, but because we are have this conversation now I am confused because the Verizon sales rep obviously lied to me and said that this phone would never have a problem because of the card that I was buying.  Now I really want to go to a store and cancel my services.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

MFiske wrote:

I bought a 4gb card when I got it so that I would always have more than enough room for what ever I wanted to put on my phone, but because we are have this conversation now I am confused because the Verizon sales rep obviously lied to me and said that this phone would never have a problem because of the card that I was buying.  Now I really want to go to a store and cancel my services.

Hey,

The memory card in all Blackberry devices is used for storage only of pictures, music, or documents.  Applications are stored in the device's main memory and can not be run from the SD card.  I am not sure what you were told by a store employee, but the SD card is not for app storage.  If you look at your device's available memory, Options>Status and see File Free: and it will list your free main memory in Bytes.  For example, my Tour has 93737944 bytes or about 93mb.  If your free memory gets below 10%, your device will be very slow to run.  See the KB article from Blackberry at http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14320&slic... 0 523726129  for help in freeing up memory.

Doc

0 Likes
MFiske

I have 32mb in the free file and know I am going to go to that web site and try to free up some more storage, thanks Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I just can't wait for the day when we Blackberry users refer to our memory in terms of Gigabytes...one day...maybe...

0 Likes