Curve 8330 No keys responding!
z24

My phone just stopped responding to any key on the phone. I have removed the battery many times and reinstalled it with no luck. The phone well receive calls and messages but I can not get into my inbox or answer the phone. When it first repowers after installing the battery I am able to scroll through my icons on the main screen but cannot select anything and once the screen goes dark I cannot get it to come back on but the phone is on still because like I said it will show incoming calls and will vibrate when I get a new message. The phone has never been in water so I am not sure what the issue is. Thanks for any help

0 Likes
Re: Curve 8330 No keys responding!
BBgirl09
Contributor - Level 1
That sounds like moisture damage.  Too much exposure to moisture can also affect it.  Remove the battery and look at the moisture damage indicator inside the battery housing and on the battery.  If they are red, there is damage.  Having the device in the bathroom when  you shower or in your pocket when you sweat a lot can cause moisture damage.
0 Likes
z24

I looked at the indicators again and the battery one is red but the phone one is not?? As far as I can remember the battery one has been red and I always wondered about that thinking it meant something different. So how is one red and the other one in the same space not? My wife has the same phone and she sent it swimming, once it dried out it has worked fine every since. All I have ever done is carry it in my pocket!!! So what they cant make a phone that you can carry in your pocket? I have had many of phones over the years and they have all been in my pocket and the hottiest conditions and never had a problem! So I suppose I am screwed for the warranty as verizon will say its water damage???? Well thanks for the info!!!

Justin

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Its OK and is not a battery issue. I know this is a problem with the 8830 but I have never experienced it with the curve. I assume its the same issue and you will have to call into customer service if you have ahad the phone less than a year and they will replace it. I have seen some off the wall fixes for this but it boils down to a problem that just needs to be replaced.
0 Likes