Curve 8330 goes to speaker when answered. SOOOO OVER THIS!!!!
aebbbuser

I am currently on my 5th Curve 8330 since January.  I continue to have the issue when an incoming call is answered by pressing the green send key, the call automatically goes to speaker before the earpiece.  Everyone around me can hear the beginning of my call!  I was kicked out of the library the other day with my 3 & 6 year olds and it was not even their fault! 

Verizon tells me that it is not a known issue but if you Google it there are thousands like me with the same issue.  I have asked VZW to replace the phone with a different model but they are only willing to give me a Pearl.  I DO NOT WANT A PEARL!!!  I want a QWERTY phone and the only option is the new Tour.  They will only give me 25% off of the retail price of $389.99.  I just paid $149 for the phone I have in January! 

If they cannot fix the phone, why am I stuck with it?  It is, obviously, a problem with the phone and not me!  I am soooo frustrated with this whole thing and would love to cancel my service but that just costs me money too!

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Curve 8330 goes to speaker when answered. SOOOO OVER THIS!!!!
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Its called speaker blast and is a known issue with 4.5.0.77. I have no idea why Verizon hasa been setting on the fence with curren tOS updates . I can tell you that within two months the Curve 8330 will see the 5.0 OS. Right now the only thing to do is search some of the other forums and there are alternatives. The 8330 does also have an OS .077,.131,.138,.160. Only the .077 is for Verizon though. THe speaker blast is only in .077 my curve had it and its real annoying.
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
RIM just released an update OS version 4.5.0.160.  Try to upgrade your phone to see if that resolves your problems.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Yes there is .160 but it is not for Verizon, it is for Telus. It can be installed and does eliminate the speaker blast if you remove a file from the OS. I used it and it worked well.
0 Likes