Curve 8530 App world
AndreaLeigh

Ok since December 30, I have been unable to update or download ANY app involving app world including facebook!

I made a app world account, every time I try to download a new app or update one, it asks me to log in, which i do. It then send me to a bb world app page that tells me my screen name gives the options to change password and secret question. I push the blackbutton to save. it then goes back to the blackberry world app and says

"(insert any app name) is not available for download from BlackBerry App world."

as I typed this i tried to download facebook and that is what i get no matter what or when I try. I have tried uninstalling app world and still the same thing. I tried to delete facebook and then reinstall after i reinstalled app world and same thing! please help!.... I am not opposed to resetting my bb to factory! if i knew how i more than likely would have tried that too!

please please help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Curve 8530 App world
Spiral
Master - Level 1

AndreaLeigh wrote:

"Are you possibly on a corporate (BES) account that has an IT policy that blocks app installation? "

Ummm I have no clue what that is!   I do know that I was able to tell verizon where I work and  I get a discount! But I did that years ago and my problem isn't even a month old yet. My plan is just a 2 lined family plan. 

OK, sounds like you do not have an IT policy. They are normally on phones that are employer supplied and it sounds like yours is a personal phone.

From your explanation it sounds like there is a problem with your App World login.  I say that because you say it always asks you to change your password and for your secret question.  When I login (at least sucessfully), it never asks me my secret question.  I assume they are free apps you are trying to install, if not you have to have an account set up to pay for the apps.

I would try to re-setup your account name in app world, maybe use a different email address.  It is worth a try before wiping your BB.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Are you possibly on a corporate (BES) account that has an IT policy that blocks app installation? 

0 Likes
AndreaLeigh

"Are you possibly on a corporate (BES) account that has an IT policy that blocks app installation? "

Ummm I have no clue what that is!   I do know that I was able to tell verizon where I work and  I get a discount! But I did that years ago and my problem isn't even a month old yet. My plan is just a 2 lined family plan. 

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

AndreaLeigh wrote:

OK, sounds like you do not have an IT policy. They are normally on phones that are employer supplied and it sounds like yours is a personal phone.

From your explanation it sounds like there is a problem with your App World login.  I say that because you say it always asks you to change your password and for your secret question.  When I login (at least sucessfully), it never asks me my secret question.  I assume they are free apps you are trying to install, if not you have to have an account set up to pay for the apps.

I would try to re-setup your account name in app world, maybe use a different email address.  It is worth a try before wiping your BB.

0 Likes
AndreaLeigh

HA, Thank you. There was a problem with my account! I had never gone to the blackberry  app world website on my computer and signed in and gone through the steps! Thanks for the help. all better now. And now i get to spend all day updating apps LOL

Thanks again

0 Likes