Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Curve 8530 App world
AndreaLeigh

Ok since December 30, I have been unable to update or download ANY app involving app world including facebook!

I made a app world account, every time I try to download a new app or update one, it asks me to log in, which i do. It then send me to a bb world app page that tells me my screen name gives the options to change password and secret question. I push the blackbutton to save. it then goes back to the blackberry world app and says

"(insert any app name) is not available for download from BlackBerry App world."

as I typed this i tried to download facebook and that is what i get no matter what or when I try. I have tried uninstalling app world and still the same thing. I tried to delete facebook and then reinstall after i reinstalled app world and same thing! please help!.... I am not opposed to resetting my bb to factory! if i knew how i more than likely would have tried that too!

please please help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Curve 8530 App world
Spiral
Master

AndreaLeigh wrote:

"Are you possibly on a corporate (BES) account that has an IT policy that blocks app installation? "

Ummm I have no clue what that is!   I do know that I was able to tell verizon where I work and  I get a discount! But I did that years ago and my problem isn't even a month old yet. My plan is just a 2 lined family plan. 

OK, sounds like you do not have an IT policy. They are normally on phones that are employer supplied and it sounds like yours is a personal phone.

From your explanation it sounds like there is a problem with your App World login.  I say that because you say it always asks you to change your password and for your secret question.  When I login (at least sucessfully), it never asks me my secret question.  I assume they are free apps you are trying to install, if not you have to have an account set up to pay for the apps.

I would try to re-setup your account name in app world, maybe use a different email address.  It is worth a try before wiping your BB.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master

Are you possibly on a corporate (BES) account that has an IT policy that blocks app installation? 

0 Likes
AndreaLeigh

"Are you possibly on a corporate (BES) account that has an IT policy that blocks app installation? "

Ummm I have no clue what that is!   I do know that I was able to tell verizon where I work and  I get a discount! But I did that years ago and my problem isn't even a month old yet. My plan is just a 2 lined family plan. 

0 Likes
Spiral
Master

AndreaLeigh wrote:

OK, sounds like you do not have an IT policy. They are normally on phones that are employer supplied and it sounds like yours is a personal phone.

From your explanation it sounds like there is a problem with your App World login.  I say that because you say it always asks you to change your password and for your secret question.  When I login (at least sucessfully), it never asks me my secret question.  I assume they are free apps you are trying to install, if not you have to have an account set up to pay for the apps.

I would try to re-setup your account name in app world, maybe use a different email address.  It is worth a try before wiping your BB.

0 Likes
AndreaLeigh

HA, Thank you. There was a problem with my account! I had never gone to the blackberry  app world website on my computer and signed in and gone through the steps! Thanks for the help. all better now. And now i get to spend all day updating apps LOL

Thanks again

0 Likes