Curve 8530 and backup assistant
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had bu assistant working for months. I don't know if it's the upgraded OS or something else but the addition I made to my contacts a week ago does not show up online. If I click on bu assistant on the BB it only offers to "restore" which is probabloy not a great idea if the online version is not as updated as the cell. If I "sync" on the bu assistant online page, the red and black thing keeps moving but I don't see anything else happening.

Any suggestions? (BTW I do use the BB desktop software for backups and I installed aurkon bu but can't tell if it's up to date.)

Thanks.....

0 Likes
Re: Curve 8530 and backup assistant
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Try uninstall and reinstall Back up assistance on device. The online back up pulls from your contact list on your phone. When you have uninstalled during reinstalling it will have you enter a new pin and will sync with phone again.

0 Likes
LDF

I just had something similar with my BU Asst occur tonight with my 8530, BU was moving and groving on the phone...cool right?  No because it did not match what was on line and just as you when I would sync up the red and black arrows just keep moving in circles and nothing happened.....well the fix was I had to turn my pop up blocker off and tell it to always allow on verizonwireless.com and then the sync worked and all is well.

0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

On one phone I uninstalled, it rebooted, I downloaded it from vzstart, installed and it rebooted. But all it wanted to do was to restore. I ignored it and an hour later it did the backup. No new pin.

On the 2nd phone I did all that above, twice, with no luck. Did it again the next day and decided to let it do a restore. Ironically it did a backup of over 10 numbers after the restore but did not show up on the web.I installed "lookout" which Verizon suggested when they phoned me after I had left an email on their contact page. They told me there are issues with BUA and they are working on it.  Guess what - 3 hours later the changes showed up on the web. So I supposedly have 3 backups going (BB desktop, BUA, lookout) and don't know if any work or if upgrading the OS ruins them.

The thing is, is this going to happen every single time there is an OS upgrade?. (This message looks half like a complaint and  half like I'm happy things are working! Oh well)

0 Likes