Curve 8530 app world download issue
chelsilynnn

I've downloaded the app world application numerous times, but it will not cooperate for some reason. It makes me reboot my phone, which takes forever, and then it tells me that there is some sort of java error, and i can't find the icon or anything. It's severely aggravating...does anyone have any ideas of what to do before I waste my time going to the store??

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Curve 8530 app world download issue
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello chelsilynn,

I was reading your original posting and you stated that you were getting a java error. May I ask what is the exact java error message that you are getting on the device. Oftentimes, a java error is related to a file system error on the device's operating system. If you are getting a number behind the java error then in most cases a software update or refresh needs to be done. If this is the case then I would like to proactively offer a few links for your review as to how to complete a software refresh. Please see links below:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621

As you can see from the link above, there are several versions of both the blackberry desktop manager and device software. Before proceeding with the process, I would recommend noting your current software on the device by following these steps:

Options > About.

The software version will usually read like this - v5.0.0.234 (platform 4.2.0.75). This information will come in handy, just in case anything goes wrong. If you have any additional questions or concerns about the error message that you are getting or the process noted above then please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello chelsilynn,

I know it can be frustrating to keep rebooting your Blackberry. I am here to help!  Are you still having this issue? If so, please follow this link to reset your Blackberry: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02141

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello chelsilynn,

I was reading your original posting and you stated that you were getting a java error. May I ask what is the exact java error message that you are getting on the device. Oftentimes, a java error is related to a file system error on the device's operating system. If you are getting a number behind the java error then in most cases a software update or refresh needs to be done. If this is the case then I would like to proactively offer a few links for your review as to how to complete a software refresh. Please see links below:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621

As you can see from the link above, there are several versions of both the blackberry desktop manager and device software. Before proceeding with the process, I would recommend noting your current software on the device by following these steps:

Options > About.

The software version will usually read like this - v5.0.0.234 (platform 4.2.0.75). This information will come in handy, just in case anything goes wrong. If you have any additional questions or concerns about the error message that you are getting or the process noted above then please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes