Curve 8532 randomly reboots
ftkoehler

Any particular reason why my 8530 would randomly reboot itself? Has happened twice over the last couple of weeks. Normal behavior? This is my second 8530. First one had similar problem plus speaker issues.

0 Likes
Re: Curve 8532 randomly reboots
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I did a little research on your problem and came up with a possible solution.  If your device has a Sim card, remove it.  Leave the Sim card out for a few days and see if the random reboots stop.  I hope this solves your problem.

Doc

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

I did a little research on your problem and came up with a possible solution.  If your device has a Sim card, remove it.  Leave the Sim card out for a few days and see if the random reboots stop.  I hope this solves your problem.

Doc

Verizon 8530's don't have SIM cards.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

After I posted that, I realized that device does not come with a Sim card.  I would wipe the device and reload the device software and see if that solves the problem.

Doc

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try doing a reset.

A reset is similar to restarting a desktop computer and is usually the first step in troubleshooting the BlackBerry device. In most cases, a reset will not affect the data on the device unless the battery is very low. It is recommended to perform a sync operation before a reset to ensure that all data is backed up.

1. Using the notch, lift then remove the battery cover.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Re-insert the battery.
    Note Ensure that connectors on the battery align with the connectors on the device.

4. Replace the battery cover.
    Note Press in on the battery cover until it clicks into place.
0 Likes