Curve Freezing
pedirn308
My bb curve has been freezing up and then rebooting itself.  Any suggestions or should I take a trip over to the Verizon store.  I've only had it for about 6-7 weeks.
0 Likes
Re: Curve Freezing
bbcycled

I will occasionally shut down and pull the battery out for 30 seconds.  That "reset" does wonders.  Next I would look at applications and the settings - Maybe you have alot of activity fighting for processor, memory, and/or bandwidth.  A call to VZW tech support can be helpful as well.  Good luck.

0 Likes
johnnyshinta

i've only had my curve for 2 days

the first day it rebooted once while viewing pictures and again while sitting on the night stand

next day it was fine all day no issues

then last night it rebooted again while sitting on my night stand

nothing was running and the only apps i have installed are pandora, google maps, and vz navigator

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hello johnny,

Hey on those apps you have installed, I would check to see that they are not setup to push for updates.....like how Google news website automatically pushes to update its own website on your PC. Your culprit may be the Google maps or the navigator. I would check your settings to make sure they are not setup to automatically find you location. Your app could possibly be pushing in the background even if you don't physically have them running.

P.S. Battery pull in the mornings after you take the device off your charger..this is true for most PDA's 

-Good Luck-

Regards, Michael 

Message Edited by EarthUnderSky on 05-29-2009 07:13 AM
0 Likes