Curve, LCD issues
Sybella

I got my first Curve (8350) on February 6th. Almost immediately after I got it, I noticed it was getting hot while charging. Then, one day I looked at it and half the LCD, an inch of the right side, was black. It also started locking up in applications but was told this was a software issue. Because wiping it clean and reinstalling didn't fix any of the above issues, I traded this one in for a new one under the 30 day guarantee.

I have my second Curve now. This one is maybe two weeks old and guess what?? My LCD is acting up. Twice now, my entire screen has gone black save for the top band, where the battery indicator, date, service bars, etc. are located. Thankfully, just pulling something else up, like my text messages and then clearing it, seems to "wake up" my home screen.

No, I haven't dropped my phone and no, I haven't mishandled it in any way. In fact, this phone still has its factory plastic across the screen left intact.

So, here is my question. Is it that I have horrible luck and have happened to get two bad phones in a row? Is there anyone else who has experienced "LCD disappearance" in their Curve2? If this is a common or known problem, I'm thinking I should go with a different BB.

Opinions from experience, please?

0 Likes
Re: Curve, LCD issues
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, Sybella,

How are you?  I have been checking around and it seems that your problem seems to be happening to other 8530 users, even on other providers.  It is believed to be a problem with the current OS.  I believe a software fix is coming soon to address the problem.

Doc

0 Likes
Sybella

I'm doing pretty well, Doc, thanks. :smileyhappy:

I'm kind of surprised the customer service rep didn't tell me it was a known issue when I traded the first one in. The fact that it got hot while charging was enough to justify a replacement though. It might not have been she didn't bother telling me because she made the call to replace it already.

On a side note, there's something else I find a little concerning. Cosmetically, the first phone's battery cover fit better than this one does. This cover slides back and forth, doesn't latch at the sides and comes off way too easily. Cell phones are pretty much built to be disposable items but you'd think they'd be better about spotting things like that when they package the phones for sale.  But, it doesn't get overheated just from a charge so I think this is a better deal. LOL! 

I really like my purple smartphone and am glad to hear about the LCD issues being from the OS, not a hardware issue...that's quite a relief. Thanks for looking into that, and for answering so promptly. I really appreciate the effort you put into helping out at this forum. :smileyhappy:

'Bella

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

You're welcome, Sybella.  Have a nice night.

Doc

0 Likes