Curve losing connectivity after air flight
Chuckles
I recently went to Denver on an air flight.  I turned off my Curve in Houston and upon arriving in Denver, it took me about 4 hours to get my Curve to recognize voice and data networks.  Upon returning to Houston, I actually ended up having to do a reset to get my voice and data services back.  Anybody else have this problem?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Curve losing connectivity after air flight
blackberryfan
Enthusiast - Level 1
Sometimes this happens to me as well. When you arrive in a new place or return home, always dial *228 and press option 2 to update your roaming capability. Wait for it to update. If that doesn't get your 1XEV back up, try taking out the battery and putting it back. Either or both always clear this up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
blackberryfan
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
blackberryfan
Enthusiast - Level 1
Sometimes this happens to me as well. When you arrive in a new place or return home, always dial *228 and press option 2 to update your roaming capability. Wait for it to update. If that doesn't get your 1XEV back up, try taking out the battery and putting it back. Either or both always clear this up.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

What did it say when you went into  Manage Connections for your mobile network ?

0 Likes
Chuckles

The Mobile Network was unchecked and there was a red X to the right.  Simply checking the Mobile Network failed to get my Curve to connect.

Under Service Status, it showed no network and that my Curve was not connected.

0 Likes
sunnybr

How did you get this resolved?   I was traveling and mine has done the same thing.  It shows my mobile network is ON, but shows that I am not connected.  I cannot manually connect to the wireless provider.  I have removed the battery and have spent over 2 hrs on the phone with the provider and Blackberry reps to try to resolve - even updating the software on the phone and nothing has restored the connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sunnybr!

Oh no! I know how important it is to have a working phone. Are you still having issues with your connection? I'm here to help.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes