Curve overheating???
mxmom359

My blackberry is getting so hot it is burning my fingers..like if you touched the toaster kind of burn..why is this happening?? Tried going to the Millbury Mass Verizon store, the staff are all jerks and where no help what so ever..just want my expensive phone that locked me in a contract to work right. What gives?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Curve overheating???
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

This actually is common with the Curve. See this thread-->Over Heating Curve

0 Likes
mxmom359

Thanks for the link..has anyone out there had good results from customer service on this..I am locked into the data package..I like the phone but truely worry about the safety from the amount of heat it gives off..I too have had "verizon" say there is no problem they have heard off...should I demand new phone or replace with another..I am sure my insurance company would have a field day with the fact they are allowing  a phone to get this hot and do nothing to remedy it..

0 Likes
Jude526

Call Customer Care from a landline.  Don't deal with a store, they can't replace it anyway.  I had a Curve that ran that hot and it shouldn't do that.  You will get a refurbished Curve .  Ask for a new battery too.  I am sure your new one you get will be ok

Mine was fine after they replaced it, but I was due for an early upgrade and have the Bold.  I am selling my Curve

0 Likes