Curve problems
pen6cil

Bought a Blackberry Curve and got the free one, as well as bought a new EnV3 for my daughter. Total of 3 new phones. One blackberry was an early upgrade(eligible for upgrade in May). One of the blackberry is malfunctioning, VERY squeeky key next to the track pad(the other phone does not make any noises). Can live with the squeek if itwas months from now, but NOT new out of the box. On top of the squeek, it will FREEZE up. Pulled the battery, multiple times corrects it, but then it happens again. The SIMS app wont engage, I have lost text messages or they are locked up and Ican't retrieve them. I brought the phone in to the Verizon retailer twice. The first time the guy said return it 30 days after purchase, he will call verizon and they will send me a REFURBISHED one, kind of surprised me. Second time I brought it in, another guy said since it is new product verizon can replace it with a refurbished phone or a new one. What is verizons policy on defective phones? I'm kind of annoyed with this phone already, I have it two weeks tomorrow, and afraid I got a lemon.

0 Likes
Re: Curve problems
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

pen6cil wrote:

What is verizons policy on defective phones? I'm kind of annoyed with this phone already, I have it two weeks tomorrow, and afraid I got a lemon.

Hi,

Here is Verizon's return/exchange policy:

Exchange New Merchandise
Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like–new condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $35 restocking fee will apply.

Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

If you purchased your merchandise from the Verizon Wireless Online Store or over the phone from one of our Telemarketing or Customer Service Representatives, please contact the phone number on your customer receipt for additional details on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please contact the store for additional information on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from another retailer, the retailer's exchange policy applies.

Device Exchange Program

If you're having a problem with your device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll–free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the device, we'll send you a Certified Like–New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door at no cost to you.

If you call us after the return and exchange period, the device you receive may be reconditioned equipment. Certified Like–New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.

If the original one–year warranty period has expired and you are not enrolled in the Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage programs, Verizon Wireless will assess a fee if you wish to replace a defective device due to electrical malfunction or manufacturer defect. You have 30 days from the date of activation of a new device to enroll in Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage. The deductible fee for Certified Like–New Replacements after one year from original purchase is $50.

Devices subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for any return or exchange program. This program does not cover devices on Prepaid Accounts or lost or stolen devices.

These policies do not limit or supersede any existing manufacturer's warranties. This program may be considered to be a "warranty" or "service contract" in certain states. In these states, please refer to the Extended Limited Warranty or Service Contract brochure for full details.

Doc

0 Likes