Curve vs. Storm - help me choose!
agirl59

I've been making myself (and everyone else) crazy for the past week trying to decide on a new phone.  I'm not terribly "techie", I just want to be able to access e-mail, the web and be able to text.

I'm debating between the Storm and the Curve (both of which I can get for free with my discounts).  My husband has a Storm that he really likes, but the Verizon reps keep suggesting the Curve.  They don't tell me why though.  Maybe because they're tired of hearing complaints from folks who got "bad" Storms?

The Verizon guys have suggested an Omnia (which would cost me $100), but I had never heard of it before they mentioned it and it sounds complicated.

I'm basically trying to get as close to an IPhone as possible, without switching to ATT or waiting until 2011.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Curve vs. Storm - help me choose!
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
The buttons may be bigger on the storm, but using a Storm for a quick text or an instant message was very painful to me. I could fly on my curve and my Tour. The Tour smokes the Storm in speed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Well the closest you are going to get to an iphone (this year:smileywink:) is the Storm 2. If you absolutely have to have a touch screen this is the only way to go. You will have to wait till Nov- ish to see it arise on big red. If you cant wait buy a curve on craigslist or ebay to hold you over then use your upgrade on the Storm 2. At THIS point in time I would stay clear of the Storm. The other alternative is the Tour which is a great phone. It is my favorite BB yet and the best on the market.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Agreed. If you want a touchscreen specifically then wait for the Storm 2 and be the envy of your partner who has the original Storm. The Storm 2 will definitely be worth the wait at this point since it's only a few months ago. Granted, you wouldn't get it free, probably have to pay around $100 for it after your discounts.

Or as also suggested the Tour is the Blackberry to own right now. Excellent, quick device with a beautiful screen and awesome keyboard.

0 Likes
agirl59

I don't necessarily need a touch screen.  I just want a fun, easy phone that has good sound quality and lets me text, check e-mail and go online.

I'm hesitant to get the Tour, since it seems like the first generation of any new electronic product always has bugs to work out.  I can certainly wait a few months and get the Storm 2, if it's supposed to be that much better than the Storm.  Are there supposed to be big differences between them, or is it just that they will have worked the kinks out?

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Not ALL the differences are known but , screen and OS, device is smaller and lighter are the major ones.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Ah! Don't forget the Storm 2 will have WiFi!!
0 Likes
Leslie01
I like the storm better than the curve just becaus the buttons on the curve are too small for me. But the storm I have I am having issues with the slowness of it. Driving me crazy!!!
0 Likes
agirl59
Doesn't the Storm have WiFi?  My husband says he can connect no matter where he is.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
The buttons may be bigger on the storm, but using a Storm for a quick text or an instant message was very painful to me. I could fly on my curve and my Tour. The Tour smokes the Storm in speed.
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Storm user here since April and I love it.  After the .148 firmware update came out it was a whole new phone.  The current Storm does NOT have Wifi although with the required unlimited data plan you're always connected to the internet as long as you're within Verizon's network so that's why it may seem it does.  Storm 2 will have Wifi that will allow you to surf the internet from your home through your wireless router or any open hotspot.  Tour is a great phone but to each their own, if touchscreen is your thing, go Storm but I would suggest waiting for the second one if you can.  If you can't, it's not a bad phone as long as you use it properly.  I would say that issues with the Storm are more on the user side than on the hardware side as people don't understand how to properly maintain them with memory cleaning and resets.  Either way, you can't go wrong.   
0 Likes