Data Usage
fcmassey

Hey guys, I just got my Blackberry Curve 8350. I have the $15 data package. I've heard rumors that apps don't use data except when you download them. Is this true? Also, I was wondering if I am connected to a wireless network, am I using data while surfing the web? Thanks for any help!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Apps will use data when you use the app if it is an app such as Blackberry Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  To be safe, you can turn your data off and use a WiFi connection.  Go to Options>Mobile Network and turn Data Service to Off.  If you are connected to a WiFi connection, then you can use instant messaging, email, surf the net, etc.  You will still be able to send/recieve calls too.  That is one of the great things about having WiFi on a Blackberry.  You should always keep track of your data usage by logging onto My Verizon or from your device by dialing #DATA (# 3282)+SEND.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
EJF

Thanks, great info. and options. The more I learn about the World Of Black Berry the more I like..... HA!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Good luck with your device.  Thanks for using the forums.  As a new Blackberry user, I highly recommend browsing through the forums from time to time.  You can learn a lot from other users' posts. 

Good luck,

Doc

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought all BB had to have the minimum $29.99 data pck.?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

alynne84 wrote:

I thought all BB had to have the minimum $29.99 data pck.?

Hi,

That was true until about a month or so ago.  They came out with a data plan for $15 bucks for 150mb per month.  They still have the $29.99 plan with unlimited data.  For phones like yours, the Tour, I would recommend the unlimited plan, since the Tour does not have WiFi, unless you can control your data usage.  However, with most all of the newer phones having WiFi, the less expensive plan is just right for a lot of folks. 

Doc

0 Likes
blackberryking9

i have the blackberry curve 8330 i was trying to change my data plan online to the 15 dollar one but i couldnt find it. was wondering if you could help.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,
Look at the top of this page under "Plans.". You will see it listed there under individual or family plans.

Doc
0 Likes