Data plan question
FaisalK

Hello people,

I'm Faisal, I recently got a Blackberry Curve with the 10$ Data Plan.

I realize that it has 75MB Data, I was wondering what that included.

So would I be charged for using Facebook? Or is it only if I browse the internet, download music/videos...etc?

Thanks alot, appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data plan question
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Here's a page that explains what can be used over the cellular network and over Wi-Fi. Toward the bottom of the page, there's a link to FAQs as well.

As I understand it, using Facebook would count toward your 75MB of data IF you're not doing it over Wi-Fi. If you want to post photos on Facebook, I'd use Wi-Fi, because that will use up your data more quickly.

Hope this helps.

http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=bb%20social

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Here's a page that explains what can be used over the cellular network and over Wi-Fi. Toward the bottom of the page, there's a link to FAQs as well.

As I understand it, using Facebook would count toward your 75MB of data IF you're not doing it over Wi-Fi. If you want to post photos on Facebook, I'd use Wi-Fi, because that will use up your data more quickly.

Hope this helps.

http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=bb%20social

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

and monitor your data often for a while. you can log in to your my verizon account to see how much you use. i only tell you this because 75mb is VERY little data and unless you always use wifi, you will likely go over it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can use your data plan for whatever you want.  Anytime you connect to the internet, for any purpose, you will be using your data plan unless you're connected to someone's router via WIFI.  Caution, that data plan is too small to do almost anything.  You will use that much data in less than one day.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Keep an eye on your usage. But this $10 plan cannot be used for web browsing or email, so you might be OK. BlackBerrys don't use much. I used less than that per month on one without Wi-Fi capabilities.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

prdon my ignorance, as i'm not familiar with this plan.....but you can't use it for email or internet? i guess i kind of don't see the point of it? what would you use it for? what am i missing here?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

This data plan can only be used on preloaded instant messaging apps (BBM, Google Talk, etc.) and preloaded social media apps (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). From what I've read, without the BIS service books, which you only get with the $30 plan, there is no Web browser on the phone and no way to set up push email accounts. However, I believe there are workarounds ... you can download a browser elsewhere and check your email through the provider's Web site, which in my opinion takes away the best part of BlackBerry, push email.

But it's a good plan for someone who just wants to call, text, BBM and FB. This, with a $10 data package, beats a feature phone, in my opinion.

This is how I understand it. Hopefully someone who has this plan will jump in and tell us how this works.

0 Likes