I did the restore to yesterday before I put on the 6.0 and then back to Jan 13 and both times the 6.0 os was still on the phone...how do I restore to 5.0..?
I am not sure what you are writing about, "did the restore to yesterday..." unless you are referring to restoring your computer back to its state before you added the upgrade to it. However, to downgrade your Blackberry to OS 5, follow these instructions:
How to Downgrade Your Blackberry OS
1. Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager (BDM) installed on your computer. You can download it for free at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/ for PC or Mac.
2. Download the OS you wish to downgrade to and install that file on your computer. It will integrate with BDM.
3. Backup your contacts, settings, and personal files on your Blackberry with BDM. This will save you from losing your contact list and other personal information.
4. To begin the downgrade process, start BDM with your Blackberry attached to your computer via the supplied cable.
5. Once BDM has started and you are at the main screen, click on Application Loader and then Update Software.
6. After the BDM reads information from your Blackberry, you will be presented with a list of available updates. Select the version you wish to install by checking the box next to the version and click Next.
7. After the BDM reads your device, the process will start. Once started, follow the prompts and do not unplug your device or the installation will become corrupted. The process will take 25-30 minutes to complete. When the installation is complete, you will receive a message from BDM stating so.
8. You may have to reinstall some programs such as Blackberry App World, special themes, or games you purchased. If you backed up your device, you can now allow BDM to restore your files.
9. To restore files and settings, go to the main screen on BDM and select Backup and Restore and then select Restore.
10. You will be prompted for the backup file from earlier, which by default has the date in the name of the file. Once completed you will be shown a message stating it is complete.
Hope this helps,
I cannot get to all of my home screen icons after downgrading from 6.0 to 22.214.171.1245. I only get six icons on the screen bottom --and hitting the menu opens five more in a smaller window above. The other 20 icons/programs/apps I cannot get to!
It began when my visual voicemail disappeared. the VZ CSR had to "resend the book stacks" (sic) 6 times before the phone responded. Then they had me uninstall my PC desktop manager and re-download it and install to then upgrade to 6.0
--We did not like the 6.0 horizontal rolling categories to get to our various icons and we called the CSR back to walk us through the downgrade process to 126.96.36.1995.
When I tried calling back after discovering my limited access to my homepage, they were closed. I understand holding the menu opens the other row of icons/apps above and that it can run two programs at once... BUT I CANNOT GET THE HOMEPAGE TO OPEN FULL TO SHOW ME ALL OF MY ICONS AND PROGRAMS