Downloaded A New Theme But It's Not There
JoeMat55

I just got a Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 and I went to the Blackberry App World and purchased a theme for it.  It downloaded after I paid for it and after completion of the install I followed the instructions to select the new theme. From the main screen, I selected "Options" -> "Display" -> "Screen Display".  When I scrolled down to the "Theme" section of the "Screen Display" screen the Theme was not there, just the one that came with the phone.

Is there something I missed?  Can anyone help.  The theme I purchased is the "Purple Theme for Blackberry Curve 1.0" from Frank M. Semeraro.

Thanks,

JoeMat55

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloaded A New Theme But It's Not There
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Joe,

If I am not mistaken, you might have purchased a theme that is for a device running OS 5.  Your device is running OS 6 and themes for OS 5 will not run on those devices with the OS 6.  I looked in the Blackberry App World at the theme you are writing about, and the author states it is for devices running OS 4.7 and higher, but he is wrong.  The theme will run for OS 4.7 to OS 5.  This has been a big mistake by a lot of theme makers.  I create themes on the side for myself and a few others and have noticed there are not a lot of OS 6 themes out there just yet.  The Blackberry Theme Builder for OS 6 is still in a beta testing phase and there should be some OS 6 themes soon.  Perhaps you can call the company's customer service to get a refund or credit.  Hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Try rebooting your Curve and see if it shows up. Or you could contact the support email listed and ask.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Joe,

If I am not mistaken, you might have purchased a theme that is for a device running OS 5.  Your device is running OS 6 and themes for OS 5 will not run on those devices with the OS 6.  I looked in the Blackberry App World at the theme you are writing about, and the author states it is for devices running OS 4.7 and higher, but he is wrong.  The theme will run for OS 4.7 to OS 5.  This has been a big mistake by a lot of theme makers.  I create themes on the side for myself and a few others and have noticed there are not a lot of OS 6 themes out there just yet.  The Blackberry Theme Builder for OS 6 is still in a beta testing phase and there should be some OS 6 themes soon.  Perhaps you can call the company's customer service to get a refund or credit.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
JoeMat55

Thanks Doc, I kinda thought this was the case.  The description was kinda vague, I only spent .99 so I haven't lost a lot.  I appreciate the feedback.

Joe

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, Joe,

Sorry you wasted a buck, but at least it was only a buck.  You know what I would do?  Go to Blackberry's web site and download the Theme Builder studio and create a theme just for yourself.  It is very easy to use the software and the software is free.  If you happen to be handy with software like Photoshop, you could even create some really cool icons, if you so desire.  The sky's the limit.  Give it a try.  You don't have to be a pro to use the software, just have a little free time.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes