Facebook & Twitter not working with "Social Media Plan"
Jweise20

Last month I got a new Blackberry from Verizon with this plan: http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=bb%20social]Blackberry Curve: Social Messaging Plan | Verizon Wireless[/url]  As it was explained to me, I was supposed to be able to access Twitter and Facebook without WiFi but no other internet outside of that.  It worked fine but then my bill came in and I had been given a more expensive plan ($50 extra /mo instead of $10!).  So I went back to Verizon and they switched me to the $10/mo 'Social Media Plan'.

Now I am unable to connect to anything, including Facebook and Twitter.  Does anyone here have that plan?  Do you have this same problem? 

Twitter gives me this message: The request is understood, but it has been refused.

Facebook gives me this message: We are unable to reach the Facebook server at this time (1403)

When I went back to Verizon they said that since FB & Twitter are 3rd party apps, it's not their problem.  I tried deleting and reinstalling both apps, but it did not fix the problem.  They both work fine with WiFi, but they are supposed to work without!  Verizon Support on Twitter gave me this link for Twitter:  http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB31986&sliceId=2&di... for Blackberry Smartphone users receive the error “The request is understood, but it has been refused." when attempting to log in[/url]  However, when I get to "Proxy TLS" it just says "Trusted Servers: Empty" and there is nothing about HTTPS.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Facebook & Twitter not working with "Social Media Plan"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not super familiar with this plan. However this "star" note might be a small clue.

"*Email and web access (including web links within apps) not available in the Social Messaging Data Package. Only preloaded Social Messaging apps are accessible via Wi-Fi."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hmm, I would call *611 again and select tech support to make sure you are set up with the Social Messaging plan and not simply the $10 data plan for basic phones. Yes, you should be able to access the preloaded social messaging apps Facebook and Twitter over a cellular connection with this plan ... that is what you are paying for.

Ann154 is also correct. Without the $30/month BlackBerry Internet Service plan, you would not have access to Web browsing and push e-mail, both of which go through RIM's servers. However, there are third-party apps, Opera Mini and Logic Mail, you can use over Wi-Fi to access these features.

Let us know if you get it straightened out.

0 Likes
Jweise20

Thank you.  I spoke with someone on the phone tonight and we worked on deleting the programs and clearing the cache.  This didn't seem to work, so I did a full wipe.  This seems to have fixed the issue!  I reinstalled Twitter and Facebook and they are working and it still has me down for the $10 data plan!  I'll just have to keep an eye on my bill next month to make sure everything is where it should be...  Hooray!

0 Likes