Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Facebook for Blackberry Curve 8330
finnyfin

So Why does the app for facebook on this cellphone not link directly to the mobile site?  Seems like an awkward set up there.  Also I do not receive alerts when I have new messages or notifications I know this can be done but not really sure how to do it my friend is on the pearl flip and gets constant notifications.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Facebook for Blackberry Curve 8330
Geocritter

Okay, on the notifications thing, you change that in profiles...hit your menu button, and you'll find Profiles as one of the icons.  There you can infinitely detail every ringtone you want for every little thing.

Now...FB...if I'm following your question right, it DOES link to the mobile site, but it's a slightly different (and easier) interface for it.  The regular website is formatted for computer monitors, and the fb mobile app was made to interface with smaller-screen devices.  But both are linking to the same information.  In fact,I suppose that if you wanted to, you could fire up the browser, go to the URL, log in, bookmark it, etc, and do it that way.  But I really don't think it would be real easy to navigate around in like it is with FB mobile.

Hope that helps

0 Likes
Geocritter

Oh wait, I just thought of something.  You may not have set it up yet...are you referring to the fact that it's taking you to a download page?  If that's the case, then it's a link to GET the facebook mobile app.  Follow the links and download it; it'll install, and then that icon will take you to FB from then on, once you've completed the setup.

0 Likes
finnyfin

I did already d/l Facebook but everytime I open the App it goes directly to the main FB page instead of the mobile page I think this is why I do not get notifications (not sure though) also when I click the FB app new messages and such don't even appear I have to hit options to go to the mobile site before I can see any changes/updates/notifications.  I was just wondering if there was a workaround to go  straight to the mobile site instead of having to go to the main page every single time.  I did update my profile also to set notification for FB still does not register though haha...

0 Likes