GPS Locator/Tracking for Blackberry Storm/Curve
Tecia

Good Morning, I have a blackberry curve. My Daughter and Husband have the blackberry Storm. I was wondering if there was a way to track/ locate my daughters location when she is out. I have google maps/latitude that I downloaded for free. But, it is not always very accurate. It will say they are in one location when in actuality they are pulling up the driveway.  Does anyone know of anything we can download on our blackberries that Verizon will allow GPS tracking /locating.

Thanks for all your help and feedback

0 Likes
Re: GPS Locator/Tracking for Blackberry Storm/Curve
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

Tecia,

If you call cust. svc, ask if yours and your daughters phones have Chaperone Parent and Child capability.

The service is $9.99/mo PER child phone that you want to have monitored, but both you and hubby could 'locate' your daughter at any time for no cost (its included in the service).

Then you can use either a PC or your phone to locate where your daughter is, set alerts to have sent to your phone whenever your daughter enters or leaves an approved area within your set search radius.

Its actually a pretty neat service.

0 Likes
Re: GPS Locator/Tracking for Blackberry Storm/Curve
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
I dont believe chaperone works with BB's.There is an app called Nav4all tracking and tracing service that does this. People will only be able to get about 600M near you but the Storms can be spotted exactly on there spot since there GPS is autonomous and yours is locked for third party apps and just uses tower triangulation. Of course you could just use Google Maps built in feature, Latitude, which works,and is FREE.
{no third party links please}Then download Google Maps addon in maps hit the menu button and latitude.
Message Edited by XtremeBerry on 06-10-2009 09:25 PM
Message Edited by WendyM on 06-10-2009 11:26 PM
0 Likes