GPS Tracking on Blackberry Curve 8330
Blackberry-girl

Is it a possibility that a tracking device or software could be loaded on a BB Curve to track me when I am mobile and where I am?  It just seems that there is someone that always seems to call when I leave my normal location when I am driving somewhere.  It may be a coincidence, but it happens all the time.  I have GPS set to 911 only on Advanced Options.  I don't know if that makes any difference instead of setting it to GPS location for other apps.  I didn't know if there was something that was on my phone without me knowing it that would provide this person with that capability.  If not, then I guess it's just a coincidence, but a lucky one.  Thanks for anyone that can help!

0 Likes
Re: GPS Tracking on Blackberry Curve 8330
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Blackberry-girl wrote:

Is it a possibility that a tracking device or software could be loaded on a BB Curve to track me when I am mobile and where I am?  It just seems that there is someone that always seems to call when I leave my normal location when I am driving somewhere.  It may be a coincidence, but it happens all the time.  I have GPS set to 911 only on Advanced Options.  I don't know if that makes any difference instead of setting it to GPS location for other apps.  I didn't know if there was something that was on my phone without me knowing it that would provide this person with that capability.  If not, then I guess it's just a coincidence, but a lucky one.  Thanks for anyone that can help!

Hi,

First, if you think you might be in danger and are being stalked, you need to immediately talk to your local law enforcement.  At least a report could be made and they can perhaps at least put your house on a residence to keep an "extra eye" on.  As far as you being tracked, I doubt you have someone tracking you.  Software would have to be installed and your GPS would have to be set to Location ON and Location Aiding set to Enabled.  You can turn this feature off if you do not use GPS.  Also, if you think there might be some type of spy software on your device, take it to a local Verizon store and let them look at your files and they could tell you.  Worse case, you can wipe your device back to factory settings and reinstall what you need.  Remember, your safety is first.  Let others know how your are feeling, if not law enforcement, at least your loved ones. 

Doc

0 Likes