GPS on Curve 8530
dixonba

Anyone know why google maps isnt grabbing a solid GPS signal? Blackberry maps gets a gps signal just fine. The phone is advertised to have "stand alone and assisted gps". What gives?

0 Likes
Re: GPS on Curve 8530
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Check your google maps settings, you want to make sure you have satellites enabled. It does have stand alone and assisted GPS. Also, keep in mind GPS requires line of sight for an exact location. So if you're inside a big building it's not going to be very accurate. Step outside and BAM, it grabs you within a few meters.

0 Likes
dixonba

google maps only has one setting to turn your location on and off. Location is set to ON and i was standing outside. It picks up the location based upon the cell towers and you can see it bouncing around between them but no gps lock.

0 Likes
dixonba

and yes. Location is turned on in the phones gps settings.

0 Likes
Fishmister

Runing into the same issue.  Just got the 8530 and google maps does not work.  It puts me a couple of miles away from where I am at.

Appearently it is a Google Map issues since other third party software is working for some users.  I have only used the Blackberry map app and it works great.  But Google maps plugs into all the data that you can search for around your location.

See this link for more info.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=7a0f816453c5a5ff&hl=en

Hopefully they will fix this problem soon

0 Likes
aventhika

Hi, Blackberyy curve is the super mobile ,i like it very much,i want share an infomation ,very recently i unlock this mobile ,for unlocking used this http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/  site ,here unlocking is easy ,i just visit provided my phone details then get my unlock code with out any problem .I am successfully unlock and using my blackberry curve as much as happy.

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Google maps likes to use triangulation in determining the phones location.  I have not seen Google Maps use the phone GPS from a standard download.

0 Likes