Get Verizon to de-register my BlackBerry for BIS abroad?
blackberryfan01

Hi Everyone,

I live in South Africa and I have a big problem... I have recently purchased 2 x Verizon branded BlackBerry 9530's that were secondhand and had been imported into this country legally. The phones work and are unlocked to my local network however I cannot get a BIS connection on these phones as apparently the pins are registered to the Verizon Wireless network and cannot be registered to my local network without being de-registered from Verizon first.

Could anyone offer me some assistance as to how I would go about getting Verizon to de-register these phones on their network so that I may use the BIS on my own local network?

Any assistance or feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Get Verizon to de-register my BlackBerry for BIS abroad?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi blackberryfan01! I'd like to help you with the Blackberry devices you have over there in South Africa! Let's get this fixed for you! I would need to access some information, so please send me a DM w/your name & mobile number. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you!

Thanks very much!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cheeky

Hi Christina, maybe you can help me. I currently live in WAUKESHA, WI and have a verizon account. I am currently using a Blackberry Curve but have a Blackberry Storm 9530 (my previous phone) that  I would like to unblock and use in South Africa. I am going over for 5 months and it would be really nice if I could use this phone. If I go onto a Verizon store will they be able to unblock it for me? I appreciate any help you can give me.

Many thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cheeky,

We definitely want to explore options to unlock your global device. Only our Verizon Wireless Global Support Team is able to complete the SIM Unlock procedure. Please contact our Global Support team at 800-711-8300 or 908-559-4899.

The following qualifications must be met for the SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) to be unlocked:

Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.

•The device being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
•The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
•The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
•Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

Visiting South Africa sounds like an exceptional experience, bon voyage!

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
nzcadman

Hi VZW support

Christchurch,New Zealand

Vodafone, New Zealand

I've also have an unlocked VZW 9950 for quite a while that I need the PIN released so i can get BIS active on Voda NZ.

Can't see how to contact VZW support other than via this forum.

thanks

Gordon

0 Likes
fidi

Hi There

I have Verizon bold 9930 bought online, it is unlocked and am able to make calls, texting. unfortunately after i subscribe BIS, HRT is empty, am in Tanzania and i have tried all carriers with no luck to any of the blackberry services. Any assistance to get this working will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Fidi

0 Likes
blackberryfan01

Farid, If you try to register the HRT and do not get an sms response it means that the PIN is suspended/blacklisted. If you do get an sms response from RIM but you do not get the HRT populated it means that your network provider does not support this particular model for BIS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nzcadman!

Wow! I love New Zealand! I love the scenery especially! I'd be happy to get you in contact with our Global Support team. You can actually call them to get things sorted out with your device. Again, you must meet the above qualifications to have your device unlocked.

You can contact them via a VZW device by dialing 908-559-4899 or if you cannot place a call from your VZW device, please call Global Support toll-free from any landline phone using these instructions.

1. Dial the toll-free access code for the country you are in (0800-99-77-44 (Clear Communications) or 000-912 (Telecom NZ)).
2. After the tone, enter your Verizon Wireless calling card number and PIN. (Calling Card Number: 9085594899 PIN: 2392)
3. After the tone enter 0-908-559-4899.
4. The VZW Global Roaming Hotline will then prompt you to enter your 10-digit mobile number.

That will get you connected. You can also visit www.vzw.com/contactus and send our Global support team an e-mail. There are many ways to contact them!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
nzcadman

Hi

I rang the suport number from New Zealand, I did not have a current Verizon account as i'm living in New Zealand, so the support centre "hung up" on me immediately before i had a chance to request the BB Pin release and i'm not likely to be back to NJ to visit my sister in law until late in 2013 when i would got a another VZW prepaid for the visit.

Is there an eMail address i could request this PIN releae via.

Gordon

Christchurch

New Zealand

0 Likes
Get Verizon to de-register my BlackBerry for BIS abroad?
fidi

blackberryfan01, i have a friend of mine who have the same model as mine and gets BIS service, my question is how will i know if PIN is blocked/suspended and how will i know if the phone if its still on contract or not, any hints to make this work?

0 Likes