Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help with new Tour and Hotmail
JohnnyPotPie

I'm no newb, but this is starting to make me feel like one.

Upgraded today from an old LG enV to a sparkly new Tour.  I have 2 email addresses - 1 is a Gmail account, the other is a Hotmail account - and when the sales guy did a test, he used my gmail address.  No problems...everything worked.  I have a Sprint BB for work, so I knew where to setup the Hotmail account when I got the Tour home; no problems there.  Right?  WRONG!!

Get home, went to Setup -> Email Settings -> Add (note that I can see my gmail address at the top of this screen) -> Windows Live -> @hotmail.com.  Added my username and password...clicked "Next"....it told me it was processing...then told me "Unable to set up [email address@hotmail.com].  Please try again."

Now....I'll mention the following:

1. My Hotmail email address is firstname_lastname@hotmail.com

2. My password is a mix of numbers and upper/lowercase letters.

3. The gmail address that worked earlier has periods in between my first/last name, NOT underscore characters.

Is there any chance the underscore character between my first and last name is a problem?

Why would a gmail address work when put in at the store, but a Hotmail address I put in at home NOT work.

Help!!!!

Thanks!

John

Tags (1)
0 Likes