How can i get my Blackberry Internet Connection
richie06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I need help setting up my Blackberry 9850 to access the internet. I recently bought my phone via ebay and installed a new OS for my service provider in Kenya. The phone was locked to Verizon wireless service and upon unlocking it i still have no idea on what to do. My service provider claims that the phone is branded and that i should contact Verizon to provide me with the designated pin to unlock the BB internet connection. Any help or advice will be much appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can i get my Blackberry Internet Connection
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Here's the real problem.

Many things (in particular data features) on BlackBerry devices are controlled by something called Service Books.

The Service Books are pushed to the device from the service provider (carrier) once you have the proper BLACKBERRY Data Plan.  A generic smartphone internet plan will not work.

However, if you are trying to use a Verizon BlackBerry on a service provider that does not support that specific device model number natively, you will need to MANUALLY load the generic Service Books from YOUR service provider.  You will need to search the internet to see if the Service Books are even available (which they most likely are not).

Otherwise, you need to get a device that is NATIVELY supported by your service provider.

BlackBerry devices work differently from other smartphones.

View solution in original post

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I would contact the person who sold you the unlocking service. Verizon won't unlock it for you unless you're a customer. Do you know the phone wasn't reported as lost/stolen? In that case, the BB PIN could be locked. Good luck!

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Here's the real problem.

Many things (in particular data features) on BlackBerry devices are controlled by something called Service Books.

The Service Books are pushed to the device from the service provider (carrier) once you have the proper BLACKBERRY Data Plan.  A generic smartphone internet plan will not work.

However, if you are trying to use a Verizon BlackBerry on a service provider that does not support that specific device model number natively, you will need to MANUALLY load the generic Service Books from YOUR service provider.  You will need to search the internet to see if the Service Books are even available (which they most likely are not).

Otherwise, you need to get a device that is NATIVELY supported by your service provider.

BlackBerry devices work differently from other smartphones.

richie06
Enthusiast - Level 1

What about synchronising the files/media on the phone? Would that enable me to install a new OS with a working internet service plan?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

No. BlackBerry devices don't work that way. You need the the Service Books for data features.

0 Likes