How do I activate my email and internet on bb curve?
kchen3

I just got a new curve b/c my original broke. I went to the verizon store and the guy switched over my contacts, said he was "checking my internet" and then told me I was "good to go."

Problem number 1: I cannot find the internet application button or how to activate it

Problem number 2: I cannot find the e-mail application. I looked in the setup wizard and clicked 'setup email' then entered my school email and pw (a different email & pw than my last phone) and then it said "enterprise activation..kchen3 activating". I was on the computer in my email and recieved an email saying bb was trying to activate, so i left it open and did nothing. It didn't work and not it is "retrying" and i've been waiting for about an hour.

Please help me figure this out as I'm going to east Asia tomorrow morning at 7 and need this figured out. anddd I can't get my phone to stop trying to active the email!

Thanks,

kchen3

0 Likes
Re: How do I activate my email and internet on bb curve?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Try to resend the service books.  Go to Email Settings and press the Menu key.  Select Service books and resend service books.  That should get you going.  If not, then call Customer Serivce.  By the way, you stated you are going to east Asia tomorrow.  I hope you are not going to want to use your Curve in Asia.  It won't work. 

Doc

0 Likes
kchen3

Thanks Doc,

however I don't have an e-mail setting application b/c it isn't set up yet. The only usable option I have is 'Email Setup" under the 'Setup Wizard' app.  After that, it asks "select an email setup option," giving two choices, a: 'I want to use a work email account with a bb enterprise server' or b: ' i want to skip email setup'. I chose A, then it says "Has your bb enterprise server admin provided you with an enterprise activation password?' I clicked yes and entered my email and pw.. is the enterprise activiation password something different? maybe that's it..

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Which data plan are you subscribed to now, the $30 dollar one or the $45 dollar data plan?

Doc

0 Likes
arichard21

it sounds like the bb service is not enabled on your line. log into your account or call customer care to see if it is provisioned correctly.

0 Likes