How do I save pictures & video from my Curve 8530 to my computer?
daeinara

I know I need a mini usb/usb cable (I have one somewhere). What else do I need to do? I'm going to upgrade to the iPhone 4S - my BB was great, but it's been freezing/halting & losing signal & generally being a pain. I want to save all my digital data because it's pics & vids of my now-2 year old. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How do I save pictures & video from my Curve 8530 to my computer?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi -

In looking at specs for this phone, I don't see the option for an SD card - does it have a slot for one?  If it does, you can save all your pics and videos to the card, then use a card reader, adapter, or slot on your computer to transfer them to your computer and then to  a DVD or CD for safekeeping.

If there is no (micro) SD option, then you 'll need to use BB Desktop Manager (download it from Verizon) or another app like BB Swiss Army Knife to backup and save all your information to your computer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

IPhones do not have a sd card, all storage is internal but the user can still save everything to sd card and the drag files into iTunes to place them on the iPhone..

ITunes is the only way to transfer files to a idevice but remember it has to convert files to support the device and this makes coping files a bit slow.

Contacts need to be exported through BB software and imported into iTunes or use Backup Assistant if Verizon offer this option.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Daeinara! I too have so many valuable pictures on my device that I like to back up to my computer just in case something happens to my phone.

I would like to give you some instructions on transferring files from your 8530 to your computer.

If you want to save it to the computer follow these steps http://bit.ly/K1NFQz and if you want to save them to a MAC computer http://bit.ly/I4o4Ms

I hope these steps will help you.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
daveash

I got a new iphone yesterday and I want to send my pictures from my blackberry, which is now turned off, to my computer.  Can you help?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You should be able to save all the photos to the sd card if they are not already there and then remove the card and place in pc and copy files to pc and then plug in iphone and drag fills to itunes library and they should transfer to device.

0 Likes