How do you??
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a BB Curve 8330 and I'm trying to figure out one thing.  I don't know how to explain it, but if you are trying to call a number that has letters, for example 1 800 FLOWERS, how do you dial the "letters"?  We all know the BB dial pad is different than a regular phone.  If I try to type the letters, then it doesn't recognize the letter buttons that I push.  Also, if I call VZW, I have to type in my acct password and that also contains letters and numbers and I can't type it in.  It starting to annoy me that I can't do this.  Is there a solution to this?  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you??
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI you have to push alt and then the letter that u want to type same thing for password on vzw 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI you have to push alt and then the letter that u want to type same thing for password on vzw 

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
dialpad on BB Curve 8830
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

have a friend that owns a Blackberry Curve 8830.  he tried calling a company the other day that required him to input the first 3 letters of the persons name he wanted.  that's when he realized he couldn't do it from this phone b/c it does not have a phone type dial pad.  is there a way to do it on this phone so i can let him know?  thanks.

0 Likes
Re: dialpad on BB Curve 8830
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I just asked this same question in the BB forum.  The answer I got was you press the ALT button and then press the letters.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/How-do-you/td-p/160948

0 Likes
Re: dialpad on BB Curve 8830
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

hey thx....will let him know.  didnt even notice there was a BB forum.  :smileysurprised:

0 Likes