How to get contacts from Backup Assistant to Curve
skittles

I have a friend who bought a new Curve but they couldn't transfer the contacts in the store due to phone issues on previous Chocolate.  She doesn't use Outlook. 

Any suggestions on how to possibly get the contacts from the BUA website to the Curve?  We had thought about somehow importing the contacts into a gmail account and then syncing via Google Sync.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How to get contacts from Backup Assistant to Curve
oI_Platinum_Io
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have either of you tried to bluetooth the contact list to the phone? If you need help with that procedure I can help you.

There is also a Third Party Software that can easily aide you in getting the contacts from one to another, feel free to find my on crackberry and I will give you all the links you need.

0 Likes
Re: How to get contacts from Backup Assistant to Curve
Chase1337

Does she have windows? B/C Outlook, any PIM, or anything that read the items in CSF (comma separated format) would be helpful. That is if the back up assistant list puts them this way. Basically run a PIM (lotus notes, outlook. ect) and copy past or import (if it's the right format) into that PIM. Then run BB Desktop Software and select import address book (I think it's called) it will then populate some options and a browse.  Just select the app you got her address book moved to and it will sync them.

Google Sync should work too. The key to all this is getting them from the back up assistant list / format and into something that manages contacts.

*edit* Does the Chocolate turn on?

Message Edited by Chase1337 on 05-13-2009 12:46 PM
0 Likes