LG enV Touch Software Version 9
ragets

Hi everybody, I just got my LG enV Touch in the mail this week, I'm upgrading from a blackberry Curve 8330. I was doing some research this week and seen there is a version 9 for the software on this phone. I seen how to check the software on my phone and I see that it is running version 7. 

Is it possible to just go to my local Verizon store and they can just update me to version 9?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG enV Touch Software Version 9
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3

As long as your local store is a corporate store and they can do software updating then it should not be a problem.  Be carefult though as not all corporate stores can do software upgrades and most of the independent resellers of Verizon can not either.  I would suggest using the store locator on Verizon's website and it will tell you what each store is capable of doing.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ragets wrote:
...Is it possible to just go to my local Verizon store and they can just update me to version 9?

Thanks

You may want to call and make sure your local store has the ability to do the software update, but going in to a store that can do it is the best way to get the updated version, yes.

0 Likes
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3

As long as your local store is a corporate store and they can do software updating then it should not be a problem.  Be carefult though as not all corporate stores can do software upgrades and most of the independent resellers of Verizon can not either.  I would suggest using the store locator on Verizon's website and it will tell you what each store is capable of doing.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

0 Likes
ragets

Is there any difference between "Equipment Software Updates" and "Software Upgrading available"?

0 Likes
ragets

Never mind I just called my local store and they can upgrade it to version 9 for me. Thanks for the quick replies!

0 Likes
ragets

I went this afternoon and got my phone updated to Version 9. The employees were very nice, and updated my phone in exactly 20 minutes, just like they said. Excellent service!! I also picked up a car charger for the phone too while I was in there because they were so nice. :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes