Latest OS
Noid

What is the latest OS for the 8330 from Verizon?? And should I update i currently have

v4.5.077(Platform 3.2.0.51)

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Latest OS
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Sure. Did you read further down though? I was able to get 5.0 working on my Curve with the new .138 OS. Someone can send you a link if you want to try it once you've updated. I haven't had a glitch with it yet, only some small glitches on my Tour.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The latest version is 4.5.0.138 that was released several weeks ago. You canread my thread about how-to update the OS, what was fixed and what is still broken.

0 Likes
Noid

Thanks so much. I think I will wait till BBM 5.0 is available for the OS. Not much enhancement right now

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Sure. Did you read further down though? I was able to get 5.0 working on my Curve with the new .138 OS. Someone can send you a link if you want to try it once you've updated. I haven't had a glitch with it yet, only some small glitches on my Tour.

0 Likes
Noid

Ok maybe I will give it a shot. You said the BBM came from BerryGurus.com?

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

BBM 5.0 is so nice I love it. Wait till it all has threaded SMS then you will really love your messaging all the way around.

0 Likes
Noid

Anyone willing to post a link to a reliable download for BBM 5.0? Also If I have 5.0 and my contacts do not will it still work fine?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Can't post a link, mods will take it away, but I can send you a link thru private message. So check your private messages. And yes, you will still be able to talk to people who don't have 5.0, there's no issue with that. They just won't be able to see the cool new picture you set up or all the neat new emoticons. :smileywink:

0 Likes
v2wings

I keep getting mixed answers, did VZ approve the 5.0 OS for the Tour or not and if so where do I get the update.?

I downloaded the one from Rim but that was a real can of worms.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
RIM has not yet officially released OS 5.0 So what you got is a leaked version and could possibly be unstable. Right now for the Tour it's still running on the launch OS 4.7.40. There should be an offical release for the Tour coming soon, but it won't be 5.0, most likely it'll be 4.7.1.53 or higher.
0 Likes