Lose Browser After Downloading Apps to Blackberry Curve
surudaeast

I seem to lose my browser when I download any new application. This is the second time it happened.  Anybody else have the same problem?  A friend helped me get back my browser.  He's not around and I don't remember how to get it back.

What dould I be doing wrong?  Is it a Verizon software thing?

surudaeast

0 Likes
Re: Lose Browser After Downloading Apps to Blackberry Curve
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Try resending your service books by calling VZW customer service.  I know there is a manual way and maybe someone will post it, but the easies thing to do is to call VZW and tell them your browser icon is missing and have them resend your svc books.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can use this link to resend your service books: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Log in with your Blackberry username/password. If you don't have one then you need to set up your @vzw.blackberry.net email on your device. Use the Email Settings icon to create this address. 

It's strange that downloading apps erases your browser. It definitely shouldn't happen. Make sure you have the lastest verison of Blackberry app world by going this link. Also, try the obligatory pattery pull a couple of times. 

0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
The manual way to resend service books on your berry is go to Options>Host Routing Table>BB Menu>Register Now
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
The "Register Now" option does not resend your service books. It only makes sure you're registered on the network.
0 Likes