Lost my BB App World Icon?
sleddog65

I have lost my App World Icon.  It is still listed in my installed applications and I have uninstalled and re-installed and still no icon?  How do I get it back?  Please help.  Not much good as a smart phone if I cant get any apps!

0 Likes
Re: Lost my BB App World Icon?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

sleddog65 wrote:

I have lost my App World Icon.  It is still listed in my installed applications and I have uninstalled and re-installed and still no icon?  How do I get it back?  Please help.  Not much good as a smart phone if I cant get any apps!

Could the icon have been moved into a folder?  Check all your folders.  Could the icon have been accidentally hidden?  Using the Blackberry button, select 'Show files/items' to insure that it is not hidden.

Good luck.

0 Likes
sleddog65

Tried all that.  No luck.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Have you tried pulling the battery and rebooting the phone?

0 Likes
sleddog65

Yep, I am a tech guy by trade so I have tried all the easy stuff. 

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

sleddog65 wrote:

Yep, I am a tech guy by trade so I have tried all the easy stuff. 

Understood. 

If you can't resolve, there are other options.  I prefer to get my BB apps from the Mobihand Apps store (www.mobihand.com).  They have frequent app deals and their own store launcher.

0 Likes
ritamc

same thing happened to me and i have done the same things you did. If you got any answers on what to do please let me know. Thanks

0 Likes
jsinnh

This has happened to me at least 4 times in the past year.  The last time the app disappeared was with the latest upgrade to the operating system.  I have ended up going back to the Verizon Store where I bought this and made them get the app back.  Just a suggestion to take it to a Verizon Wireless store.  They should be able to get that back for you at no charge.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I've dealt with this issue several times, and I have some steps for everyone to check. Blackberry App world is an app itself, and should be installed in the phone. The first thing to check is to see if Blackberry App world is actually installed on the phone. This can be done under Options> Device> Application Management> Make sure "All" is selected> Blackberry App World. If it's not in this list, it's not in the phone. If you find that your Blackberry App World program is not installed, it can be redownloaded at www.blackberry.com/blackberryappworld (using you phone's browser).

If you find it is installed in the programs list, it's likely either hidden or tucked away in a folder. To view a folder list on your device, act like you're moving an icon to a folder. Highlight an icon> press the menu key> choose move to folder. This is the folder list that you'll need to check for the icon.

Please let me know if that helps your situation any.

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes