Need backup assistant on replacement BB Bold 9650
keferraro

Since switching from a BB Curve 8830 to a Bold 9650 I have been in BB he!!  At one point I uploaded my contacts from a 9650 through Backup Assistant.  Two replacement phones later, I cannot get the Backup Assistant icon or software to appear on my phone so that I can download the contacts.  I have been in the store, on the phone, upgrading and downgrading OSs and still no Backup Assistant.  Does anyone have the magic key to getting this application on my phone?  Some relevant data, after receiving the phone and activating it and not having BUA, I upgraded to OS6 only to find that BUA is not compatible so down graded to OS 5.0.0.975.  Have registered the hosts table several times and verified that the BB works for data and voice, restarted,  am connected to 3G at 3 bars also WiFi at 54mbs.  Have BB desktop manager 6.0 installed on a Windows machine.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to anyone that can hep me get my contacts back on my phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need backup assistant on replacement BB Bold 9650
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

To download Backup Assistant on your device, open your web browser and go to mobile.vzw.com and you will see the link for Backup Assistant in the Bottom right corner.  Hope that helps,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

To download Backup Assistant on your device, open your web browser and go to mobile.vzw.com and you will see the link for Backup Assistant in the Bottom right corner.  Hope that helps,

Doc

0 Likes
keferraro

Thanks, Doc.  That is exactly what a phone support person finally had me do and I am happy to report that all my contacts are restored.  The crazy thing is that these directions would be so easy to include in a web page, instead of only stating that on the Blackberry the application will be pushed.

0 Likes