New Blackberry AppWorld
sernerd

With your BB browser go here: www.blackberry.com/select/appworld/download.shtml

Its an application database much more functional, better looking, more  variety apps, more free apps, more useful everyday app and just all around lighter than VZAppZone developed by RIM. 

OMG! This is exciting as this was the only downside to getting a Blackberry where business services was a priority. There are LOTS of apps to choose from and please contribute to reviewing (its so easy) to give all other Phones some competition. The more involved the blackberry community is with what we get offered, the more functionality and features will be tailored to us as third party developers  see the potential profit and worthwhile investment.

Everything is good in the Blackberry world now. Also Verizon please unlock my GPS on my Curve. It is still locked. I want to use some cool apps not just VZNav (this is so frustrating but I will leave it for another thread)

0 Likes
Re: New Blackberry AppWorld
Not applicable

Just wondering if you had any issues when installing the BB App World onto your Curve 8330?  I downloaded it this afternoon and it states that my downloam was successful.  When I try to open App World, I get a "Failed to transmit" messageon the screen.  Did you have this same problem?  Any suggestions?  Currently running v4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51).

Message Edited by stwhitlock on 04-01-2009 04:13 PM
0 Likes
turner369
I have a Blackberry 8330 and want to use Greenfinder. The GPS is locked. When is Verizon going to unlock the GPS? There are alot of angry golfers out there that are thinking of switching to another service.
0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
doubt it happens wit agps. ive heard  green finder works with a bluetooth puck but have not tried it
0 Likes
FFRMann

Thanks for the AppWorld link but I'm more interested to see if anyone has resolved the GPS lock problem.

I would also like to use a 2nd Party app (nRange) and cannot get it to access the internal GPS.  I don't mind paying the $10/month for vzNavigator.  I just want expanded functions.

VZW tells me that they don't support anyone else's apps.  I've tried starting vzNav with the "follow-me" function and switching apps to the one I want - no luck.  I also did the same thing with BBMaps - still can't make it work.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes