OSX Lion support
RocRizzo

Are there any plans to support the Blackberry Curve 8530 under OSX Lion (ver 10.7)?

The current version of Verizon Access Manager does not work with this version of the OS.  It would be nice to know if/when Verizon and/or Smith Micro plans to catch up with Apple.  Heck, the dev tools have been out there for a year.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OSX Lion support
RocRIz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, just in case anyone was wondering, I looked today, and alas, VZ Access Manager now supports Lion with the older Curve model 8530.  Whoo Hoo!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I sorry we don't support the Blackberry Curve 8530 under OSX Lion (ver 10.7). We understand how important it is to have the most updated software, features, capabilities and devices. We are continuously working on new products and services with the manufacture to better meet the needs of our customers. You can sign up for email updates for new products and services we offer via the link below:

http://content.atomz.com/pb00002ce4/publish/emailoptinsearch.html

0 Likes
RocRIz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that you do not currently support Lion.  My question is are there any plans to support Lion.

On another issue, when I went to uninstall the VZ Access Manager, after finding out that it does not work in Lion, I found out that after uninstalling VZAM, my wi-fi didn't work.  I reinstalled VZAM and the wireless now works.  This is originally why I asked if there would be support for Lion.  I don't want to keep defective software on my Mac any longer than I have to, and do not wish to keep it, nor do I wish to keep the service if it is not supported.

0 Likes
RocRIz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, just in case anyone was wondering, I looked today, and alas, VZ Access Manager now supports Lion with the older Curve model 8530.  Whoo Hoo!

0 Likes