Optical Mouse frozen?
banker1234

My 8330 optical mouse is not working...I have taken the battery out of the back numerous times.  I haven't dropped it or spilled it...Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Optical Mouse frozen?
cbass9194

does anyone know how to change your plan to unlimited messaging only

0 Likes
jeffngptx

Take it back to your dealer. Its a known problem and it takes about 2 min to het the mouse ball replaced. As a quick temporary fix, I have found just a spritz of silicone spray lube will get you going. - Jeff

0 Likes
Not applicable
@Debbie Cohen Thank you very much to the community and you for posting. That is terrible about your phone’s optical track pad! Do you know if you have insurance on the device?
If so you can go here: www.phoneclaim.com/verizon and make a claim.
You can also call: 888-881-2622.
I would advice making a claim as this is the best way to resolve the hardware issue that you are having. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I'm a little confuse from the OP stating he has an optical mouse for a 8330. Do you mean the track ball? If so,  take it to the carrier store; they have fixed/replaced my track ball for FREE!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Debbie Cohen,

Sorry to hear about your optical mouse on your device. Just for clarification, are you using the blackberry curve 8330? If so then I agree with SoccerRef. This device uses a trackball and the trackball can easily be switched out at one of our corporate stores. If you have another model blackberry that uses the trackpad, such as the blackberry bold or the curve - 9930, then there are still options available to you. Assuming that there isn't any physical or liquid damage to the device, we can exchange the device for you, providing that it is still within the 12-month manufacturer's warranty. If you are out of warranty then I would be happy to review your account for additional options for you. If you are interested then please reply to this message for additional support.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes